Clawfoot tubs are known for their relaxation appeal and classy appearance. They can set the stage for a beautiful vintage bathroom or a spa-like oasis. Do you ever wonder what is the best clawfoot tub on the market? Here are some product reviews to help give you some insight to this question.
- 1 7 Best Clawfoot Tubs Review
- 1.1 1. Woodbridge Traditional Oval Acrylic Freestanding Double Slipper Feet Clawfoot Bathtub
- 1.2 2. DP Home Acrylic Clawfoot Bathtub with Slipper Feet, White On Black
- 1.3 3. The Tub Connection Chariton Cast Iron Slipper Bathtub without Faucet Holes
- 1.4 4. Signature Hardware Sanford Cast Iron Clawfoot Tub with Imperial Feet
- 1.5 5. Kingston Brass Cast Iron Roll Top Clawfoot Tub with Brushed Nickel Feet
- 1.6 6. Streamline Acrylic Clawfoot Tub with Internal Drain and Bamboo Tray, Black
- 1.7 7. Maykke Katharine Oval Slipper Clawfoot Tub With Polished Chrome Feet
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
7 Best Clawfoot Tubs Review
1. Woodbridge Traditional Oval Acrylic Freestanding Double Slipper Feet Clawfoot Bathtub
This elegant freestanding clawfoot tub from Woodbridge features an oval white tub surface with beautiful double slipper feet in polished chrome. It is constructed of a high-gloss white Lucite acrylic which is reinforced with Ashland resin and fiberglass.
The bottom of the tub has a stainless steel bracket which makes the bearing capacity of the tub up to 1000-pounds. It features double walled reinforcement to insulate the tub and ensure the water stays warmer for longer!
This tub is easy to clean and maintain, which means you will enjoy the comforts of this tub for a lifetime!
- White with polished chrome feet
- Lucite acrylic material
- Double wall reinforcement
- Bearing capacity of 1000-pounds
- It is difficult to level the tub during installation
2. DP Home Acrylic Clawfoot Bathtub with Slipper Feet, White On Black
This tub has an oval white interior with a black exterior finish. The claw feet are polished chrome to give your bathroom an elegant and sleek appearance. The ergonomic design of the tub ensures you can comfortably fit inside and relax after a long day at work.
This tub is 63-inches long and has a bearing capacity of 1300-pounds! It includes a pop-up drain, but does not have an overflow drain. With a 5-year manufacturer warranty, you cannot go wrong by choosing this clawfoot tub for your home.
- Polished chrome feet
- Ergonomic design
- 63-inches long
- 1300-pound bearing capacity
- Pop-up drain
- Does not include an overflow drain
3. The Tub Connection Chariton Cast Iron Slipper Bathtub without Faucet Holes
The Chariton clawfoot bathtub from The Tub Connection features classy brushed nickel slipper feet, which will blend in perfectly with your bathroom decor. The tub is made of cast iron and is 61-inches long giving you plenty of room to relax after a hard day.
It features an overflow drain, which is 14-inches from the bottom of the tub. This tub can hold up to 46-gallons of water. There are no faucet holes in this tub. The smooth porcelain interior is easy to clean and will give you years of relaxing comfort in your spa-like bathroom.
- Brushed nickel slipper feet
- Cast iron with porcelain glaze
- 61-inches long
- Overflow drain
- Separate faucet assembly required since the tub has no faucet holes
4. Signature Hardware Sanford Cast Iron Clawfoot Tub with Imperial Feet
This elegant oval tub from Signature Hardware features classy polished chrome imperial style feet. This tub has a center drain location with a pre-drilled overflow hole. There are 7-inch rim holes for installing a faucet and handles assembly.
This tub is the perfect focal point for your bathroom. It has a double-ended design which allows you to recline and relax at either end of the tub. It has a porcelain enamel interior with a solid, hand-smoothed exterior finish.
With a lifetime warranty and excellent customer support, you will be pleased to have this tub in your bathroom and will enjoy it for life!
- Imperial style feet
- 60-inches in length
- Cast iron with porcelain enameled interior
- 7-inch rim holes
- Center holes make it difficult to install in the corner
5. Kingston Brass Cast Iron Roll Top Clawfoot Tub with Brushed Nickel Feet
Take your bathroom to a whole new level with this beautiful 54-inch long cast iron tub from Kingston Brass. It has a white porcelain enamel interior with a hand-smoothed painted white exterior.
The brushed nickel feet have built-in adjusters to allow you to level the tub on uneven flooring! It has 3 ⅜-inch tub wall drillings with an overflow hole. The water depth is just over 12-inches before it reaches the overflow hole.
You will love the elegance this classic cast iron clawfoot tub brings to your bathroom. The style and colors will blend in easily with any bathroom decor.
- White porcelain enamel interior
- Hand-smoothed painted white exterior
- Brushed nickel feet with built-in adjusters
- 3 wall drillings
- Overflow hole
- Tub is fairly shallow, which limits soaking comfort
6. Streamline Acrylic Clawfoot Tub with Internal Drain and Bamboo Tray, Black
This tub from Streamline features the highest grade of 100% pure LUCITE acrylic sheet material. These sheets ensure long-lasting use of the clawfoot tub as well as color retention.
This tub comes with a waste kit and black feet. There is a chrome pop-up drain included, but it does not have an overflow hole. This tub does not have a deck mount capability for the faucet.
As a bonus, this product comes with a bamboo bathtub caddy that can be used to hold your tablet and phone, and even a glass of wine!
- 100% pure LUCITE acrylic material
- Includes a waste kit
- Black exterior with a white interior
- Includes a chrome pop-up drain
- Features a bamboo bathtub caddy
- No deck mount faucet capability
- No overflow hole
7. Maykke Katharine Oval Slipper Clawfoot Tub With Polished Chrome Feet
The Katharine clawfoot tub by Maykke is 70-inches long to give you the ultimate soaking and relaxation experience in your own home! It has a classic clawfoot design with polished chrome feet with imperial style detailing.
The adjustable feet allow you to level the tub on uneven flooring surfaces. This product includes a drain with flexible hose and an overflow assembly in polished chrome.
This tub does not include a deck mount for a faucet assembly, so a freestanding faucet is required. You will love how well this tub complements the rest of your bathroom decor. Get ready for hours of relaxation in this beautiful clawfoot tub!
- Polished chrome imperial style feet
- Adjustable feet
- Overflow hole
- Drain assembly
- 70-inches long
- Does not have a deck mount for faucet installation
Whether you are remodeling your bathroom or building a new one, a clawfoot tub can turn your bathroom space into a luxurious spa-like oasis. Here are some guidelines to consider when searching for a clawfoot bathtub.
There are a few different styles to choose from when you are selecting a clawfoot bathtub. Here are some choices that are available:
- Slipper Tubs are easy to identify because they have a high-back on one end which is perfect for reclining when you are bathing.
- Classic Style Tubs are the most common clawfoot tubs. These tubs are oval-shaped but square at one end. The other end is rounded so that you can recline and rest your neck on the rim of the tub.
- Double-Ended Tubs are rounded at both ends. Some of these tubs are large enough that you can fit two bathers inside the tub at one time! These tubs usually have a center drain configuration with a side-mounted faucet.
The signature feature of a clawfoot tub is definitely the feet! Clawfoot tub feet come in many styles, types of materials and finishes. Feet shapes include lion paw, imperial ball, and monarch to name a few. Materials can range from cast iron to steel to even acrylic.
Be sure to pick the style and finished color that will complement your other bathroom decor the best!
Clawfoot Tub Materials
Vintage clawfoot tubs were typically made of cast iron, which meant that they were extremely heavy! More modern clawfoot tubs are made from acrylic, which is lightweight and easier to install.
If you really want to up your game in the bathroom, you can get a porcelain-enameled cast iron tub or for a large price tag, you can even get a stone-resin clawfoot tub! Stone-resin is usually 100% recyclable, and it retains heat for a much longer time than even cast iron tubs!
Clawfoot tubs can be snuggled in a corner near a wall, or they can be installed in the middle of a room. The placement of the tub in your bathroom space is completely dependent on the location and type of water supply lines and waste drains.
Before you choose a clawfoot tub, be sure you know where your water supply lines are located. If you are trying to minimize additional plumbing costs, try to find a clawfoot tub that can be connected to the existing water supply and waste drain lines.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are so many clawfoot tubs available in the market, it is hard to know what is the best clawfoot tub brand. Instead, we have provided reviews of various products from different companies.
We also have some answers to frequently asked questions below. All this information will help give you the details you need to be able to choose what is the best clawfoot tub on the market for your specific needs.
How Much Are Clawfoot Tubs Worth?
Vintage clawfoot cast iron tubs that are in good condition sell for anywhere from $300 to over $2000 depending on the brand and features. New cast iron tubs will retain their value longer than an acrylic tub. Cast iron is much heavier, however, and may require floor reinforcement prior to installation.
Which Tub Faucet Style Is Commonly Used With Clawfoot Tubs?
There are three styles that are typically used with clawfoot tubs:
- Tub wall-mount faucets are attached to the wall of your clawfoot tub. If your tub has vertical faucet holes in the wall of the tub, then this is the faucet style you will need to install.
- Rim-mount faucets attach directly to the tub itself. This style of faucet sits on top of the rim of your clawfoot tub. If you have horizontal holes on the rim of your tub, you will need this type of faucet.
- Wall-mount faucets are required if your clawfoot tub does not have any holes for faucets at all. These faucets attach directly to the wall of your bathroom and hang over the rim of the clawfoot tub when filling the tub with water. This also requires the tub to be next to a wall.
What Are Clawfoot Tubs Made Of?
Clawfoot tubs are made from either cast iron or acrylic material. Cast iron tubs tend to be more resilient and last longer, however, they are also heavier, which means you may require reinforcing your floor before installing the tub.
Acrylic tubs do not weigh as much and are therefore easier to install in any bathroom without weight-bearing concerns. Acrylic tubs also do not retain heat and maintain the water temperature for the bath as well as a cast iron tub.
How Much Do Clawfoot Tubs Weigh?
An empty cast iron tub can weigh between 200-pounds and 400-pounds. Once you add water to the tub, you can increase that weight to between 500-pounds and 900-pounds. That does not include the weight of the bather!
An acrylic tub may weigh just over 100-pounds, which is significantly less than its cast iron counterparts.
How To Clean A Clawfoot Tub?
If you already own an older, vintage clawfoot tub, then it is likely made of cast iron and may have stains from hard water deposits. To remove these stains, you need to wipe down the tub with a gentle cleaning agent. If you use a chemical cleaner, test it on a small spot in the tub first to ensure you do not erode away the tub finish.
You can also use a blend of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda on those tougher stains. Sprinkle on some baking soda and then add some drops of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Let the paste sit on the stain for several minutes before scrubbing it with a soft bristle plastic scrubber. You can then rinse off the paste with warm water.
At the end of a long day, I love to relax in a clawfoot tub with some candles, soft music and wine! With so many tub options available, it is hard to pick which company is considered the best clawfoot tub brand.
After reading this article, you should have all the information you need to make an informed decision on the best clawfoot tub for your bathroom remodel!