You might agree with me when I say a good toilet seat can make the difference between having a luxurious toilet and standard one.
There are many seats on the shelves today that can provide you with the perfect toilet. But which is the best toilet seat to buy?
I have reviewed the top 10 toilet seats that have been shown to provide value for the money.
You can also follow my buying guide below the review to pick a model that suits your toilet.
- 1 Toilet Seat Reviews: Top 10 Models
- 1.1 KOHLER K-4636-47/K-4639-47 Cachet Quite-Close
- 1.2 BEMIS 1500EC 146/500EC 146 Toilet Seat
- 1.3 MAYFAIR 1843SLOW 000/143SLOW 000 Toilet Seat
- 1.4 MAYFAIR 113EC 006/13EC 006 Soft Toilet Seat
- 1.5 BEMIS 1800EC 346/800EC 346 Plastic Toilet Seat
- 1.6 MAYFAIR 1848SLOW 346/848SLOW 346 Toilet Seat
- 1.7 DELTA Faucet 811903-WH/801903-WH Morgan Slow-Close White Toilet Seat
- 1.8 CENTOCO 900-416/700-416 Wooden Toilet Seat
- 1.9 CHURCH 585EC 006/540EC 006 Toilet Seat
- 1.10 BATH ROYALE BR606-02/BR620-02 Toilet Seat
- 1.11 TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Toilet Seat
- 1.12 Carex Elongated Hinged Toilet Seat Riser
- 2 What You’re Looking At
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Toilet Seat Reviews: Top 10 Models
I had to conduct hours of research to come up with the top toilet seats based on durability, affordability, ease of use, and effectiveness. These brands offer both the elongated and round toilet seats with the same features, but different product number.
KOHLER K-4636-47/K-4639-47 Cachet Quite-Close
The product combines innovative technology and subtle styling to provide you with a seat for elongated toilets. I find it to be useful as it offers the following features:
- Quiet Close Lid: The lid closes quietly and slowly without knocking your toilet.
- Grip Tight Bumpers: They help to add stability and ensure that the seat does not shift when in use.
- Quick Release Hinges: It is the ideal seat for cleaning because you can unlatch it from the toilet with ease.
- Easy to Install: Besides the removal, you can install it when you are done cleaning without using any tool.
- Secure Installation: The seat features quick-attach hardware that provides safe installation.
- For Non-Residential Use: It is a seat that you can install in your business and enjoy the durability.
- Color Match Hinges: The hinges’ color matches the seat to provide you with a uniform finish.
- Made of Plastic: The plastic material remains rust-free and is lightweight to enable secure fixing.
- 12-Month Warranty: It is a guarantee that you have a quality toilet seat.
- For Elongated and Round Toilet: It is ideal for all toilets.
BEMIS 1500EC 146/500EC 146 Toilet Seat
It is a seat that brings style, innovation, and quality to a residential toilet. I found this product to be worth the money for these reasons:
- Quick Removal: You can remove the seat without any tool to allow for fast cleaning or replacement.
- Simple Hinges: It comes with plastic twist hinges that you can lock and unlock with ease.
- Durable Hardware: Its wing nuts and bolts are non-corrosive to provide you with durability.
- High-Gloss Finish: The seat is made of long-lasting enameled wood that resists scratching and chipping.
- For Residential Use: It is recommended for all residential toilets.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: The seat can fit all toilets like TOTO, American Standard, KOHLER, and others.
- Environmentally Friendly: It is made using environmentally friendly materials.
MAYFAIR 1843SLOW 000/143SLOW 000 Toilet Seat
MAYFAIR 1843SLOW is an excellent toilet seat for obese, and it was designed to handle a lot of weight. It is a product that I find to offer some quality features, as outlined here:
- No Slamming: It closes slowly and quietly when you tap it to prevent pinched fingers.
- Easy Installation: It is a Top-Tite STA-TITE seat that you can tighten from the top.
- No Bending: You can install the toilet without bending thanks to the Top-Tite STA-TITE tightening.
- Secure Fastening: It lets you fasten it tightly to accommodate more weight than other toilet seats.
- Perfect Fit: Another notable thing is the front to back adjustment that guarantees a perfect fit.
- Resists Scratching and Chipping: It is made of enameled wood that offers a high-gloss finish.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: You can fit this seat on your TOTO, American Standard, KOHLER, and other toilets.
MAYFAIR 113EC 006/13EC 006 Soft Toilet Seat
It is a padded toilet seat that is recommended for sciatica patients and is easy to remove. You can find all its feature from my review below:
- Padded Toilet: It is padded to add a cushion that can relieve pain when using your toilet.
- Quick and Easy Removal: You can remove this seat without a tool when cleaning or replacing it.
- Wooden Core: The wooden core makes the seat durable and prevents scratching.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: Another notable feature is you can use this seat on TOTO, American Standard, and KOHLER toilets.
- Safe for Environment: It is made using friendly material that does not pollute the environment.
- High Gloss Finish: The toilet provides you with an attractive finish that makes your toilet welcoming.
- Affordable: You do not need to spend a lot of money to afford this toilet seat.
BEMIS 1800EC 346/800EC 346 Plastic Toilet Seat
If you want a toilet seat that you can use for years, then you should try the BEMIS 1800EC. You can count on this product as it comes with great features like:
- Quick and Easy Removal: The seat allows you to remove it without a hassle when replacing or to clean it.
- Solid Plastic: It is made of durable plastic that helps to prevent stains, wear, and chips.
- Durable Hardware: Another notable thing is the rust-free wing nuts and bolts.
- For Residential Use: It is a toilet seat that you can install at home have confidence it will last.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: You can install this item on TOTO, KOHLER, American Standard, and other toilets.
- Made of Friendly Material: It is a seat of environmentally friendly material that does not pollute the environment.
MAYFAIR 1848SLOW 346/848SLOW 346 Toilet Seat
Here is a toilet seat that never loosens and is made of durable enameled wood. You can enjoy its top features, which is have listed here:
- No Slamming: The seat closes quietly and slowly with a simple tap to prevent pinched fingers.
- No More Wiggle: It is an STA-TITE fastening toilet that can never come loose even when used regularly.
- Easy Installation: Another notable thing is the ease of installation using a wrench.
- Easy to Remove: You can remove the seat for cleaning or replacement without a hassle.
- Resists Scratching and Chipping: That is possible, thanks to the enameled wood that provides a high-gloss finish.
- Made of Safe Material: The toilet seat does not pollute the environment as it is made of safe material.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: It is a seat that you can install on most toilets, including TOTO, American Standard, and KOHLER.
DELTA Faucet 811903-WH/801903-WH Morgan Slow-Close White Toilet Seat
It is a toilet seat with non-slip bumpers that make it ideal for seniors because it prevents falling. The seat offers other features, which I have outlined here:
- Slow-Close Seat: It closes slowly to prevent slamming and does not produce noise.
- Non-Slip Bumpers: As noted, they ensure that the seat remains stable without shifting or moving.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: It is a product that you can fit most toilets, and it fits perfectly.
- Easy Installation: Another feature is the secure and fast installation that prevents the seat from getting loose.
- Durable Finish: It is a finish that helps to prevent peeling, chipping, fading, and staining.
- Value for Money: The toilet seat lasts for years and can provide you with value for your money.
CENTOCO 900-416/700-416 Wooden Toilet Seat
Here is a toilet seat for hemorrhoids, and it provides some quality features you cannot find in most products. I have listed these features below:
- Polypropylene Shell: It boasts a thick polypropylene shell that is molded on a wood core to add durability.
- Gloss Finish: The toilet seat does not chip, flatten, dent, fade, flake, or peel like other plastics.
- Super Sanitary: It is a sanitary seat made of non-porous material that makes it hygienic.
- Withstand Chemicals: One thing you should note is this seat can withstand strong chemicals and cleansers without discoloring or staining.
- Ergonomic Contour Fit: The exclusive design is improved by heavy-duty hinges that absorb the impact.
- Corrosion-Free: The seat comes with rust-free hardware that keeps it sturdy for decades.
- Easy Installation: It is also a seat that you can install without calling an expert.
- Easy to Clean: The seat does not collect dirt, making it easy to maintain and clean.
- For Round and Elongated Toilets: It is the right product for all toilets.
CHURCH 585EC 006/540EC 006 Toilet Seat
You should not waste your money buying toilet seats that can begin to discolor after a few uses. The Church 585EC is a product that can prevent that issue, and here are its qualities:
- Quick Removal: It is a seat that you can remove without using complicated tools when replacing or cleaning your toilet.
- Easy Installation: The seat uses a plastic lock and unlocks hinges to attach to your toilet.
- Free of Rust: The wing nuts and bolts are made of non-corrosive material to add durability.
- Durable Enameled Wood Seat: That offers you a superior high-gloss set that resists scratching and chipping.
- For Residential Use: You can install the seat at your home and have confidence that it is the right one for your needs.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: The seat was designed to be used with all toilets like TOTO, American Standard, and KOHLER.
- Made of Safe Material: You can have confidence the seat is made of environmentally safe materials.
BATH ROYALE BR606-02/BR620-02 Toilet Seat
At #10 is a toilet seat that can provide you with years of service and value for money. It offers these features:
- Quick and Easy Removal: You can remove the seat from your toilet without a hassle when cleaning or replacing it.
- Easy Installation: It uses the lock and unlocks technology to attach to your toilet.
- Durable Hardware: The toilet comes with corrosion-free wing nuts and bolts that last for years.
- For Residential Use: It is the right seat for residential use.
- Durable Enameled Wood Seat: The material gives you a long-lasting seat that cannot scratch or chip even when used regularly.
- For Elongated and Round Toilets: You can use this seat on all toilets like TOTO, American Standard, and KOHLER.
- Environmentally Safe: It is made of safe material that preserves the environment.
Read next: Best KOHLER toilets
TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Toilet Seat
If you want a seat with built-in child seat you’re in a great place. This one, for elongated toilets or round toilets, will offer you just that. It actually has a built-in magnet in the child seat that makes sure it stays up when you don’t need it but comes down easily for a better fit for your young ones. It’s designed with metal hinges to make sure the child seat can’t come off, keeping it safe and secure. On top of that the whole thing comes with a three-year warranty.
- Comes with built-in child seat
- Child seat is as durable and strong as a regular seat
- Overall styled seat and cover
Carex Elongated Hinged Toilet Seat Riser
If you’re in need of a higher toilet seat for elderly people this is a great option to go with. It’s moderately priced and it raises the toilet up 3.5”, which is enough for elderly people with mobility trouble to get up and down. It also has a hinged design so it can be raised and cleaned under easily. If you’re looking at something for elongated toilets you’re definitely going to be in luck here because that’s exactly what it’s designed to do and how it helps.
- Ideal for elderly and handicapped individuals
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Quick and easy to install
What You’re Looking At
I have provided you with ten seats that you can install and have confidence they will do a great job. But what is the best toilet seat from all the models in my review and the world?
Here are some criteria that you can consider when picking the top model:
Size and Shape
Toilets come in all manner of sizes and shapes, meaning you need to choose the right seat for your toilet. Most toilet seats come as elongated or round products, but you can find square ones.
You need to know your toilet’s pan to ensure that you match a seat that fits perfectly. Some toilets provide a ‘wrap-around’ design, where the lip fits over the pan.
Take these measurements when choosing your toilet seat:
- Total depth: From the cistern or wall to the toilet pan edge
- Width: Pan’s width from the widest point
- Fixing center distance: Distance between two fixing holes
Hinges come in two choices, which are:
- Top Fixing Hinge: It feeds two bolts in the toilet pan.
- Bottom Fixing Hinge: It also feeds tow bolts in the pan and then tightened from below.
There are also quick-release hinges that enable easy removal of the seat from the pan. They make it easier to clean your toilet and provides soft closing with a slow and hygienic system.
Finish and Material
There are antibacterial finishes for people who want hygienic toilet seats. These are seats with additional layers to add protection.
You can add beauty to your toilet by getting a stylish seat like one with a bright color or printed design. There are special wood finishes and materials that can add elegancy to your bathroom.
You can find novelty toilet seats that can add the much-need fun to your toilet. There are also family-friendly products for seniors, kids, and people suffering from different conditions.
Should toilet seat be up or down?
The toilet seat should be kept down. First, it’s going to look better. Next, it’s going to keep animals in your home from getting into it. And finally, it’s going to be the more sanitary option because it keeps all of the germs inside the toilet.
What diseases can you get from a toilet seat?
There are actually a multitude of different germs in bathrooms, and especially public bathrooms but it’s highly unlikely that you would contract any of them from the toilet seat. Any of the bacteria or organisms that cause disease would have to come into contact with you extremely quickly in order to still be dangerous. Not to mention they would need to enter into the body through a cut, sore or the urethral or genital tract, which is even more unlikely.
Do all toilet seats fit the same?
All toilet seats are designed to fit the same provided you buy the right kind for the toilet that you have. An elongated seat is 18 ½” while a round seat is 16 ½”. Note, there are some smaller size toilet seats designed for things like campers, minimal space bathrooms and more.
How do slow close toilet seats work?
Slow close seats have tensioned hinges on them, which means that they are able to fight against gravity (slightly), which leads to a slower closing process. As soon as you push them down a little the hinges take over and provide a slight amount of resistance while gravity is doing its job. This keeps the lid from closing too quickly or slamming like most would.
How much does a new toilet seat cost?
A new toilet seat is actually inexpensive to buy, coming in around $20 to $100 (depending on how fancy you want it to be or what it’s made of). In general you’ll be able to buy these at just about any hardware or home improvement store.
Which is better, round or elongated toilet?
The most common type of toilet is the elongated style, and most people seem to find these to be the most comfortable option. On the other hand, round toilets can be a good option if you don’t have a lot of space because of the design (which cuts about 3” of space).
Why do toilet seats turn yellow?
Toilet seats will actually turn yellow over time as a result of minerals that start to build up. This is especially true in cases where you have hard water in your home. The stains also start to build not just on the seat but in the bowl of the toilet as well.
Can you paint a toilet seat?
You actually can paint your toilet seat if you want to. Spray primers are a good start because they help the paint to stick. You may also need to use more than one coat of paint in order to get a good look and the right amount of cover.
How do I know what toilet seat to buy?
Knowing what toilet seat to buy is a personal decision. There are many out there and you’ll want to look at your preference for the style, the color, the material and more. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing your toilet seat.
How do you replace a toilet seat?
Replacing a toilet seat is actually quite simple. If you look at the back of the seat, where it connects to the toilet itself, you will see two caps. You may need a tool to pry these caps up, being careful not to break them. Once you are able to pop them off you will see bolts underneath. These bolts are what hold the seat on. All you need to do is unscrew them and you can remove the current seat and put a new one in.
How do I tighten my toilet seat?
Similar to the way that you would replace a toilet seat you need to pry off the caps at the back of the toilet seat and reveal the bolts. In this case, you will actually tighten the bolts. Make sure that the seat is in the position you want it to stay in before you tighten the bolts.
Should the toilet seat be left up?
The toilet seat should definitely not be left up. The main reason for this is that it’s actually easier for the germs in your toilet to get out and into the air if you leave the seat up. It’s also easier for pets and children to get into the toilet bowl.
What size are toilet seat bolts?
A standard toilet seat bolt is 7/16” in diameter. This means you’re going to need a wrench or screwdriver that can handle these size bolts to tighten or loosen the bolts. You’ll also need these to swap out your current seat.
I would recommend you decide the style you want to install in your bathroom when choosing a toilet seat. You should also match the shape and size, and then look for the best rated toilet seats.
I hope my article has been helpful and given you an idea of what you should buy. Now head to your favorite online or local store and pick the seat that meets your needs.