It is time for a bathroom upgrade. And, you are thinking about installing a shower and installing new showering faucets. This can be a great project that you can do yourself, but then you need to know how to install a new faucet and how to create your new bathroom space.
With this guide, you will not only get to know all the information about showering faucets, but you will also learn more about how to install the best faucets that will give you the best value for money. This is everything that you need to know about shower faucets and installing new ones.
Know the different shower faucets that you can purchase
The first thing that you need to do, is to purchase your new shower faucets. The problem here is that there is more than one type of shower faucets that you can choose and purchase. You need to make sure that you are choosing the ones that will be best for you and your family. These are the three main type of faucets that you can purchase.
- The single-handle faucets. These are those faucets that have the T-connection between the cold and hot water. Making sure that you are able to get both hot and cold water, without turning on two taps. This is the most popular and common faucets that you can find in the shower.
- Double handle faucets. These are the faucets where you are controlling the water temperature with the one, and the water flows with the other one. Not really popular in showers, but can be great if you are creating a shower over the bath.
- Three handle faucets. This is for those bathrooms where the electric shower and the bath are basically a two in one. Two of the handle faucets is similar to the double handle faucets. The third handle is for the bath.
Make sure about where your water pipes are
If you are creating a new shower separated from the bath, you need to be very careful. You need to know where the water pipes are. Or, you are going to have a huge problem. This is why most people create a shower over the bath if they want to have a shower after the bathroom was built. Making it easier to find water pipes.
You can’t start making holes in the wall for installing the faucets if you don’t know where the pipes are. If you damage the pipes, you are going to have a mess. Water that is going to be running everywhere and that needs to be repaired before you can start all over again.
Guide in installing a new shower faucet in your bathroom
This is the basic guide to get you’re going when you are installing new shower faucets in your bathroom. These are just the basic guidelines and you might want to do more research if you don’t know exactly how to install new faucets into a bathroom.
- The first step that you need to do, is to attach the valves to the frame. It doesn’t matter what type of faucets you are installing; this is always the first step. The only way to make sure that you are going to route the pipes correctly.
- The second step is where you start routing the pipes to the valve. The fittings that you need to attach should fit perfectly. You need to make sure that you are going to fasten these fittings correctly, so that the pipes don’t leak and that it won’t burst either. By making sure it fit correctly before fasten it properly is recommended.
- With the pipes installed, you can now connect the faucets to the pipes. Making sure that you keep the cold-water pipe with the cold-water faucet.
- The last thing that you should do, is to add the showerhead to the pipes and faucets and you will have a working shower with new shower faucets.
When to rather call in a professional
When is it best to rather call in a professional for installing the shower faucets or the shower systems for you? Or, is this something that you can do yourself, even if you never have done something like this yourself?
If you aren’t a handyman, and you never have installed any form of faucets before, it might be best to hire an expert to come and install the new shower faucets for you. Just to make sure that it is installed correctly.
It might be time to upgrade your bathroom or to install a new shower into your bathroom. Installing a shower faucet isn’t as hard as what you might think. The only thing that you should make sure about, is that you need to know how to choose the best bathroom faucets and how to install it correctly. With this guide, you will get all the necessary information to be able to install the right shower faucets.